Heart burn! Let's talk about heart burn. Have you ever had heart burn? Constantly? Well, if you've answered yes to both questions, you know exactly how I'm feeling now. Sleeping, or should I say going in and out of sleep, sitting up is for horses. It really doesn't seem to matter what I eat, either. I can drink a nice cool glass of water and get indigestion! I don't know about you, but I think that's just wrong. I've tried chewing a Pepcid AC tablet before eating, I've tried eating Tums while experiencing heart burn, but nothing seems to be helping and it's only getting worse. I'm hoping to talk to my midwife this week and see if I can get something stronger. Something that will work!
See this lovely diagram of what is happening in my stomach? Well, the main reason for this is actually because I went from this:
Source: The Growing Uterus Charts,
© 1989, 2006 Childbirth Connection |
To this: (notice my internal organs and the fact that he still has quite a bit of room in there)
Source: The Growing Uterus Charts
© 1989, 2006 Childbirth Connection |
And in about 10 more weeks, I will be at this: (it's amazing my internal organs still work)
Source: The Growing Uterus Charts
© 1985, 2006 Childbirth Connection |
I must say, it's quite amazing how a woman's body adjusts to a child growing inside. It's just that my esophagus doesn't seem to like it so much. But, if it's anything like my previous pregnancies, the heart burn will go right away after delivering our beautiful baby boy. Then, I won't sleep for a different reason...






No comments:
Post a Comment