Sunday, November 13, 2011

Parakaleo Retreat

Last week, I had the opportunity to take a week away for some ministry training and refreshment. Parakaleo (a Greek work meaning "to call to one's side") is the name of a group that was started to provide ongoing training, coaching, and relational support to empower spouses for their vital role in kingdom work. This is the first retreat I've attended (I believe it's their 3rd/4th). It took place about an hour and a half from here at Lake Oconee.



One of the biggest things for me was being able to take time away to be quite and to listen to other stories from church planting wives. Getting to know other's stories is fascinating to me, and it gives me the wonderful opportunity to see how God has worked in other people's lives.


The name of Parakaleo's new book
and some of the things we covered over the week
Also, I was afforded the opportunity to do a couple of my favorite things (music and design) which I don't always have the time to do in this capacity. If you're interested in what the week looked like in pictures, check out below.


Next week we will be back to our regularly scheduled homeschool program! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment