![]() |
| "The Rag Coat" by Lauren Mills (c)1991 |
![]() |
| Takes place in the Appalachian Region |
![]() |
| Made a paper quilting square out of triangles Pattern is known as Josephs Coat of Many Colors |
![]() |
| Zoe also thought our patio tiles looked a lot like the patches of our character's rag coat, so I made an outline and she made her own patchwork coat! |
One of the really fun things we did was make what's called a geo-board. It's just a board that you can make different geometrical shapes on for learning. It also has other fun uses, such as making mazes, pictures with rubber bands, shooting things...
One of the other things we went over came from a question that arose from the book. The dad in the book works in the coal mines and ends up getting miner's cough. So, aside from our theological talks about life and death, we also did a little science and talked about our lungs, what they do for us and what miner's cough is...
![]() |
| We've added more organs! |
On a side note, I've been "concerned" about Cameron as she still seems to not be interested in her alphabet letters and such. Now, I was assured by many, that she is fine (only 3) and will learn them, but I did take the initiative last week to start her on some letter recognition. I'm glad to say, she was pointing out the letter "A" to me all week (she would earn a sticker every time she showed me one), and seems to be a little upset that we are moving on to "B" this week! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment